Saturday, January 30, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
This look consists of:
t-shirt - Target $9.99
necklace - Wal-Mart $3.99
boots - JC Penney $30.00
skirt - had for years and just shortened
Total cost is under $45.00 and the best part is the mix and match options.
Monday, January 25, 2010
The other book that I read was "Kirtsy Takes a Bow" edited by Laura Mayes. This book is like the woman's dictionary of blog sites. Kirtsy is actually a blog site that has likes to the most amazing blogs created by women. If you love blogging or surfing the web for great articles and information, check out this book and the website www.kirtsy.com . The blog covers a ranges of topics like entertainment, design, home, food, travel and so many more. I promise you won't be disappointed.
So now that I've stepped off my soap box, I have only one question for all of you? What'cha reading?
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Once I finished pinning, I gave Brent a quick lesson on sewing and off he went. He was very careful to sew slowly and to keep his fabric in line with the guide I tapes down for him. He sewed two scarves tonight and plans to sew the other four tomorrow night. I'm such a proud momma!
You have to love a man who can wear PINK!
Monday, January 18, 2010
How yummy. Now I never really cared for the regular Diet Dr. Pepper, but when I saw the Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry on sale last week I thought I'd give it a try and I'm glad I did.
Caffeine Free Diet Coke is always going to be my favorite, but it's nice to know that there's at least one other great tasting diet soda out there.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas
1 & 1/2 cups white sugar
1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Spray one 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
Add banana mixture with dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
If more time is needed cook longer in 5 minute increments until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack .
Now I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think that this is the Best Ever Banana Bread recipe!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this --ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn't answer, drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well..
So what did you think? Leave a comment and let me know.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
Now don't get me wrong I really appreciated the time off, but I'm crying at the having to go back to work. I really wish I didn't have to work and could stay home and craft and take care of my family and home full time, but alas I can not! I have to say though that my students were very well behaved and nap time was a breeze - that isn't the usually. My class does not like to nap, even better they don't like to rest, so today was a sweet treat.
Once school was done, I had to go to the chiropractor, Wal-Mart, Wawa (for gas), Walgreen's, come home and make my Buffalo Chicken Dip and then go to my Financial Peace class at my church. Manic!
I do have to say that I have some great friends who helped me out with Brent after school. Thanks April and Tracy and I do have to say that I did look good through the whole afternoon! LOL!
I love this outfit. I have been trying new looks and will hopefully be sharing some of them with you. Brent loves to help me so he took the picture.
Jeans - American Eagle (sale)
Blue Cardigan - New York and Co (sale)
Belt - Fossil outlet
Black boots - Target (sale)
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Look's simple enough, doesn't it? We'll with that all said and done, Aaron and I had a little argument yesterday and all Brent had to say was "Well you're already breaking the contract!" To funny! This may take a little work! We just need to make a conscious decision to try.
Friday, January 1, 2010
This year my word is "HOME". I want to focus more on the inner workings of my home this year ... to make it a place of comfort, nourishment, love, peace and soul for my family and friends.
If you had to choose a word to focus on for this year what would it be? It's not an easy question to answer. It took me a few days to really come up with the right word for me. Let me know if you take the challenge and choose a word. I'd love to know what you choose.