With the year coming to an end, I look back and reflect on the ups and downs of the year. Are the decisions I made the right ones? Would I have done things differently? Yes and no. I have found out this year that I have to live my life. Some may not like all the choices I made, but I’m okay with them and that’s all that matters. For some time, I felt that I had to make other people happy before making myself happy. Well, not anymore! Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not a selfish person and will always be there for family and friends, but on my terms. I have my own needs and I also need to be there for Aaron and Brent before anyone else. These choices will ruffle some feathers, but I can’t care anymore!
This coming year I have some things that I want to work on. Some are easy to do and others will take longer, but I look forward to the challenge.
1. Create a more peaceful and nurturing home for my family
2. Become a calm and patience driver
3. Be grateful that I have a job and accept it for what it's worth
4. Get out of needless and avoidable debt permanently
5. Choose caring and loving friends who will add to the quality of my life and not hurt me
6. Start my own incredibly wonderful business that I have been dreaming of for some time now
7. Speak the truth ... even if it hurts the feelings of others
8. Live the life I was given on my terms
Wow, now that's a list, but I look forward to the challenges it brings in 2010 and speaking of 2010 ... I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year! May you and yours have a fruitful and blessed 2010!