Wednesday, March 14, 2012

feeling blue

So this morning I woke up earlier than usual for a few reasons.  I can get a lot done in a quiet house and I can get a lot done in a quiet house.  LOL!  Anyway, I knew today was going to be a beautiful day in South Jersey, and so I decided to wear sandals.  There's just one problem with that, my toes were not ready to be viewed.  Solution - clean them up and polish them.  I love the blue color, but the best part to my feeling blue ... which I'm really not, is that I saved myself around $30. 



It's amazing how the cost of everything is going up and my paycheck is getting smaller thanks to our wonderful goverment.  But I'm not going to surrender.  My husband and I are constantly looking for ways to save.  I just purchased the supplies to make my own detergent and we've replaced all the lights in our house with the cost effective ones.  Last month our electric bill was $65.  Sweet right?  Now the bulbs were expensive, but the long term savings outlook is worth the cost.


How are you saving money at home?  I'd love to hear your stories on saving. As soon as I make the detergent. I'll share my recipe. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment