Monday, February 8, 2010

Another Talent

So, I love to scrapbook, take photos, sew, and cook, but now I found another talent that I have - beading! It's a lot of fun and quite easy to do. There are two types of beading. One involves wire and different types of pliers. The other uses elastic cord and tying a knot. Guess which one I like better? Of course, the elastic type. Now don't get me wrong. I can wire, but using the elastic is sooo much easier.

I recently made two bracelets using these beads and a 1mm elastic. You can find beads at most craft stores and there's also "Bead and Glass" in Pitman, NJ that you can go to and make jewelry. I decided on my pattern and off I went.


This is what the finished product looks like. Very fancy! I kept one for myself and gave another one to my friend April for her birthday. She liked it so much that she's going to start beading. It's very relaxing and I find myself making mine while watching TV.

I think that the next few I make will have matching earrings and geared more toward Spring. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment