Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Marble Bag Makeover

Tonight I decided to make a new marble bag for Brent. The one he had was plastic, he lost the cord for it, which was junk, and it was starting to fall apart, as you can see in the picture below.

Now came the tricky part, what to use. I've been trying to purchase less and reuse what I have so when I saw this old Slip-Cord backpack that had a busted seam, (I never really used it, Brent used it more) I figured that would do. Just trying to be more frugal!
First Brent and I decided how big he wanted it to be and then I cut the material.

I then sewed the bag together, while Brent took the pictures. He's commented on how much better he's getting and I agree.

After I finished sewing the bag together, we used some of the cord from the original bag, feed it threw the bag and tied knots on each end . Brent couldn't wait to load it up with his marbles. I didn't realize how many he really had!

Here's the finished product. It's not really fancy, but very functional and Brent loves it, so that's all that matters to me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Always fun to be able to reuse/repurpose things and create something new - love it!