Saturday, January 16, 2010

Best Ever Banana Bread

I've tasted a lot of Banana Bread recipes in my 42 years and most of them were pretty good. You may even think you've had the best banana bread, but I can assure you you haven't until you try this recipe out.

Ingredients:

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas
1 & 1/2 cups white sugar
1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

Spray one 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
Add banana mixture with dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
If more time is needed cook longer in 5 minute increments until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack .


Now I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think that this is the Best Ever Banana Bread recipe!

3 comments:

  1. Crap. Now I've got to actually bake to figure out if you're right or not! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to try this today! thanks for your recipe!

    gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I made me some banana bread the other day--here's what I think:

    1-ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!
    2-I substituted sour milk for buttermilk (I have a rhubarb bread recipe where you can substitute buttermilk for sour milk, so I figured it must work the other way too... seemed to be fine.
    3-I might use less white sugar next time, but I'm not a big baker, so I don't know what that will do to the overall chemistry of things!

    Thanks sweetie!

    ReplyDelete