Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent


Hope, Peace, Joy, & Love

The word Advent means "coming" or "arrival." The focus of the entire season is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ in his First Advent, and the anticipation of the return of Christ the King in his Second Advent. Thus, Advent is far more than simply marking a 2,000 year old event in history. It is celebrating a truth about God, the revelation of God in Christ whereby all of creation might be reconciled to God.

I never really understood the meaning of Advent until I started going to my new church, Ramoth.  I truly feel that I have been blessed by going to this church and have learned so much about myself and others.  It's been very eye opening, just like this Advent series that my pastor, Bill has been giving.  My favorite sermon was the first Pastor Bill gave about Hope.  He said that Hope is, "anticipation & expectation of the unseen & future things that God has promised with firm assurance that He is able to fulfill His Word."  What I heard was that we need to follow God even when we don't understand.  We need to trust Him even with our darkest fears.  God wants you to take the path that will show you the real you.  It's not going to be the easy path, you may not always like what you see, but it will make you trust God completely!  Deep stuff.

What's your Hope in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment